Morpeth Town Council maintains all the bus shelters throughout the Town. All bus shelters were replaced in 2007 to provide seats and clear visibility panels for the benefit of bus passengers. Any damage or graffiti should be reported to Morpeth Town Council.
Morpeth Cenotaph is located at Castle Bank next to Mafeking Roundabout in Morpeth. The Cenotaph was unveiled on 1st October 1922 by Lord Joicey and dedicated by Canon JJ Davies. The monument is 16 feet high.
The inscription reads:-
“To the glory of God and abiding memory of the Men of Morpeth who laid down their lives in the Wars – 1914-1918 & 1939-1945. They died that we might live in freedom”
Morpeth Town Council are responsible for managing and maintaining the Cenotaph. It plays a prominent role in the Remembrance Sunday Service each year.
Morpeth Town Council provides and maintains public seats throughout the town. There are over 80 seats in Morpeth. A dedicated seat service is also available for any person wishing to dedicate a seat in memory of a loved one. A seat can be installed at an agreed location in the Town displaying a brass plaque with an appropriate message. At the end of 10 years the seat can be renewed or the plaque will be removed and returned to the applicant. Any plaques unclaimed will be placed on a living memorial seat located in the Town outside of Carlisle Park.
For more information, please call the Town Council office on 01670 514314 or email email@example.com
Morpeth Town Council provides all of the litter bins throughout the town. There are currently over 150 bins provided which are emptied by Northumberland County Council.
Morpeth Town Council also provide, install and maintain the dog bins throughout the Town. Over 45 bins are located at popular dog walking areas.
In addition, you may dispose of wrapped dog waste in any of the litter bins found throughout the town.
Notice Boards in the town are supplied and maintained by Morpeth Town Council. Organisations are encouraged to advertise events for the benefit of all the community.
New noticeboards have been installed in 2016 at Abbey Meadows, Goosehill First School, Lancaster Park, Stobhill and Loansdean.
Morpeth Town Council provides fingerpost signs which give directions to principal attractions which benefits visitors and newcomers to Morpeth.
In 2016, with the help of Greater Morpeth Development Trust, a programme of repairs and maintenance work was carried out on signage throughout the town.