Morpeth Cenotaph is located at Castle Bank next to Mafeking Roundabout in Morpeth. The Cenotaph was unveiled on 1st October 1922 by Lord Joicey and dedicated by Canon JJ Davies. The monument is 16 feet high.
The inscription reads:-
“To the glory of God and abiding memory of the Men of Morpeth who laid down their lives in the Wars – 1914-1918 & 1939-1945. They died that we might live in freedom”
Morpeth Town Council are responsible for managing and maintaining the Cenotaph. It plays a prominent role in the Remembrance Sunday Service each year.
Morpeth Town Council, in partnership with the Royal British Legion, organises a Remembrance Day Service and Parade each year on Remembrance Sunday. This will take place on Sunday 11th November 2018 along with the 2 minute silence.