Lockdown Newsletter 46
20th May 2021
More in Morpeth weekly update newsletter. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Roadmap out of Lockdown since 17th May
· Continue to work from home if you can.
· Get a test and self-isolate if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
· Outdoor gatherings limited to 30 people
· Indoor gatherings limited to 6 people or 2 households (including a support bubble)
· Indoor entertainment and attractions will be permitted to open with COVID-secure measures in place.
· Attendance indoor and outdoor events is allowed with numbers capped according to venue type, and COVID-secure measures set out.
· Indoor hospitality venues such as restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes can reopen.
· Organised indoor sport is allowed if organised by a business, charity or public body which is taking measures to reduce the risk of transmission.
· All holiday accommodation open and can be used by groups of up to 6 or 2 households (including support bubbles).
· Funeral attendance determined by how many people the COVID-secure venue can safely accommodate with social distancing. Limits at weddings etc will be increased to 30 people.
· Care home residents may visit or be visited by up to five named visitors (two at any one time), provided visitors test negative for COVID-19.
· All higher education students will be able to access in-person teaching.
· Support groups and parent and child group gathering limits will increase to 30 people (not including under 5s)
· There will be a traffic light system identifying permitted countries for international travel https://tinyurl.com/2wwxvtfc
Free twice weekly rapid Covid tests are available for all on request https://tinyurl.com/scavmv7k
Vaccination roll-out: All people are aged 36 or over, everyone who is clinically vulnerable, anyone who has a learning disability and all carers are now being invited for first vaccination. People over 65 are being invited for second vaccination. Invites will come from both i) to book at the large NHS Hubs (like Centre for Life) and ii) (separately and a little later, depending on vaccine supplies) from your GP Surgery NEW iii) You can now book your vaccination online at Health Hut Pharmacy & Clinic, Kirkhill or Wellway Pharmacy.
You may choose whichever is more convenient but do wait for your invite. https://tinyurl.com/3b448fzr
Morpeth Town Council re-elected Cllr David Bawn as Mayor for a second consecutive term at the annual Mayormaking yesterday (Weds 19th). Cllr Rachael Hogg continues as Deputy Mayor, and Cllr Betty Bawn is Mayoress.
Now on – till 31st October: “Cock’s Morpeth Medley and Rant” at Morpeth Chantry Bagpipe Museum – part of “Northumberland Folk, a series of four new exhibitions by illustrator Jonny Hannah commissioned by Museums Northumberland. Museum founder William Cocks presides over proceedings with his skeletal companion, and the illustrated ensemble includes artists and wizards, wonder women and rogues. https://tinyurl.com/7n4wbaaj
Street Food Market this Saturday (22nd) on the Market Place 10am – 4pm. Next farmers market Sat 5th June #MorpethMarkets
Morpeth CC 1st IX home (Longhirst) to Alnmouth & Lesbury CC this Saturday (22nd)
Morpeth Town Centre Full Litter Blitz Sunday 23rd 1:30pm 3pm. Limited places for volunteers, check with Morpeth Litter Group https://tinyurl.com/2953v36y
The new Pavilion Café in Carlisle Park opens for takeaways (only) on Monday (24th)
Libraries: An online evening of storytelling through song with local singer/songwriter Jackie Davidson – new album Northumbrian and Proud Tues 25th Book here https://bit.ly/3nhVRYJ
Phase one of The Townhouse’s (59 Bridge St) launch is Thurs 27th May when the bar and outdoor terrace will be open for ice cold beers, crafted cocktails, fine wines and spirits. To book your drinks table visit https://tinyurl.com/yhhapuuw
Annual Plant Sale upstairs in St George URC Sat 29th 10am – 12noon
May the Music Begin: free live music on the Market Place hosted by @ProseccoattheSquare Sat 29th 12noon – 7pm https://tinyurl.com/ezp7af9p
Stone Roses Experience at Terrace @ Craik Park 26th June https://tinyurl.com/pf3ket53.
Stobhill Community Centre re-opens with a Family Fun Fair Day on Sun 27th June 11am – 3pm See www.calmertherapy.org
Lockdown support from Northumberland Communities Together and locally through the Morpeth Community Support FB Group For assistance, call the support hub on 01670 620015 or email NCT@northumberland.gov.uk NCT Website https://tinyurl.com/y3nbtzrl MCSG FB https://tinyurl.com/y53bjrc3
If you are concerned about someone’s immediate welfare call OneCall on 01670 536400 and in an emergency call 999.
The local (Morpeth) coordinator for Communities Together is Alison Byard email email@example.com mob 07963 306549