Lockdown Newsletter 45
13th May 2021
More in Morpeth weekly update newsletter. For the duration of the current lockdown, the focus will be on guidance and support. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Roadmap out of Lockdown from Monday (17th May):
· Continue to work from home if you can.
· Get a test and self-isolate if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
· Outdoor gatherings limited to 30 people
· Indoor gatherings limited to 6 people or 2 households (including a support bubble)
· Indoor entertainment and attractions will be permitted to open with COVID-secure measures in place.
· Attendance indoor and outdoor events is allowed with numbers capped according to venue type, and COVID-secure measures set out.
· Indoor hospitality venues such as restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes can reopen.
· Organised indoor sport is allowed if organised by a business, charity or public body which is taking measures to reduce the risk of transmission.
· All holiday accommodation open and can be used by groups of up to 6 or 2 households (including support bubbles).
· Funeral attendance determined by how many people the COVID-secure venue can safely accommodate with social distancing. Limits at weddings etc will be increased to 30 people.
· Care home residents are allowed to visit or be visited by up to five named visitors (two at any one time), provided visitors test negative for COVID-19.
· All higher education students will be able to access in-person teaching.
· Support groups and parent and child group gathering limits will increase to 30 people (not including under 5s)
· There will be a traffic light system identifying permitted countries for international travel https://tinyurl.com/2wwxvtfc
Free twice weekly rapid Covid tests are available for all on request https://tinyurl.com/scavmv7k
Vaccination roll-out: All people are aged 40 or over, everyone who is clinically vulnerable, anyone who has a learning disability and all carers are now being invited for first vaccination. People over 70 are being invited for second vaccination. Invites will come from both i) to book at the large NHS Hubs (like Centre for Life) and ii) (separately and a little later, depending on vaccine supplies) from your GP Surgery NEW iii) You can now book your vaccination online at Health Hut Pharmacy & Clinic, Kirkhill or Wellway Pharmacy.
You may choose whichever is more convenient but do wait for your invite. https://tinyurl.com/3b448fzr
The Craft Centre, Tourist Information Centre and Northern Poetry Library in the Chantry are all open again – and there are also a range of products from Produced in Northumberland @ProducedinNland members.
Active Northumberland at Riverside Leisure Centre: Indoor fitness classes are back. Members can book 14 days in advance, non-members (PAYG) 7 days in advance via the Active Northumberland app or website. https://tinyurl.com/3znhdujx
Jaspers Restaurant on Wellway (former RAFA Club) is open and taking bookings https://tinyurl.com/y79bms3p
NCC is offering free adult cycle training sessions at County Hall on Sat 15th 22nd including: Balance and confidence training; Bikeability (the old ‘cycling proficiency’); and support with cycling to work. www.cyclewithjan.co.uk
Town Council Mayormaking is next Wednesday (19th).
Oasis Hawaysis at Terrace @ Craik Park Friday 21st. Book now! https://tinyurl.com/pf3ket53 Stone Roses Experience 26th June.
Street Food Market on May 22nd on the Market Place 10am – 4pm.
Lockdown support from Northumberland Communities Together and locally through the Morpeth Community Support FB Group For assistance, call the support hub on 01670 620015 or email NCT@northumberland.gov.uk NCT Website https://tinyurl.com/y3nbtzrl MCSG FB https://tinyurl.com/y53bjrc3
If you are concerned about someone’s immediate welfare call OneCall on 01670 536400 and in an emergency call 999.
The local (Morpeth) coordinator for Communities Together is Alison Byard email email@example.com mob 07963 306549
The #Kickstart scheme is helping businesses offer Government funded work placements to young people. Local Jobcentre Plus teams are hosting employer events next month. Visit www.nland.uk/Kickstart for more info
Morpeth Fair Day 2021 (18th July): Applications for stalls are open, contact: for Catering: Mark firstname.lastname@example.org for Trade Stalls. Dawn email@example.com to exhibit your vintage car: Norman Norman.firstname.lastname@example.org Sponsorship & entertainment: John email@example.com