The paddling pool in Carlisle Park is open from lunchtime Tuesday 20th July 2021.
Lockdown Newsletter 40
8th April 2021
More in Morpeth weekly update newsletter. For the duration of the current lockdown, the focus will be on guidance and support. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Roadmap out of Lockdown: Current rules
· Only socialise indoors with people you live with or who are in your support bubble
· Up to 6 people or 2 households can meet outside
· Work from home if you can and only travel when necessary
· If you have symptoms get a test and stay at home
Free twice weekly rapid Covid tests are available for all on request https://tinyurl.com/scavmv7k Step 2 of the Road Map will be from 12th April, assuming the Four Tests are met: https://tinyurl.com/yvnff634
Vaccination roll-out: All over 50’s, people with long-term health conditions and their main carers are now being invited for first vaccination. Vaccinations for healthy under 50’s are scheduled for May-July. Invites will come from both i) to book at the large NHS Hubs (like Centre for Life) and ii) (separately and a little later, depending on vaccine supplies) from your GP Surgery. You may choose whichever is more convenient but do wait for your invite. https://tinyurl.com/3b448fzr
Our local shops and cafes (outdoors) are re-opening – make sure you give them your support! #shopsafe #shoplocal #usethemorlosethem
Morpeth Northumbrian Gathering 2021 Online on Saturday 10th
· Book places at Virtual Historic Dance Workshop (10am) and Virtual Barn Dance (8pm) – get the Zoom link by emailing email@example.com by noon on Friday
· Take part in Virtual Singaround (12:30pm) and/or Virtual Tunes Session (4pm) – details, links and downloads at www.phoenixfolk.co.uk/morpeth2021
· Watch the full day-long programme of events on the Gathering YouTube Channel https://tinyurl.com/5a7jusnr including 11am Welcome by the Morpeth Gadgy (Alex Swailes MBE); 11:30am Ballad of the Laidly Worm; 12noon Virtual Clock Tower Tour; 2pm Family Show; 4:30pm Dialect Concert; 7pm Grand Music Concert and 8:30pm “Elsie” – a One Woman Show by Pat Dunn.
· Also on the YouTube Channel: Virtual Art Gallery: The top ten paintings have been chosen by public vote – now vote for the winner! Deadline 2pm Sat 17th April
Riverside Leisure Centre will be open for members for gym and swimming from 12th April – advance booking only. https://tinyurl.com/u7h4s7dn Other gyms are also to open around the same time.
Summer Special Taster Markets are being planned for July and August. Vote now for what markets you would like in Morpeth this summer
Vegan Market or Northumbrian Market // Sweet Treats Market or Cocktail Market // Home Décor Market or Crafts Market – voting closes 20th April https://tinyurl.com/26hj9u7w
Street Food Market on the Market Place Saturday 24th April
Morpeth Litter Group are planning a series of Covid secure Litter Picks in groups of six from now and throughout the summer. Contact them to let them know you’d like to be involved. https://www.facebook.com/morpethlittergroup/
Lockdown support from Northumberland Communities Together and locally through the Morpeth Community Support FB Group For assistance, call the support hub on 01670 620015 or email NCT@northumberland.gov.uk NCT Website https://tinyurl.com/y3nbtzrl MCSG FB https://tinyurl.com/y53bjrc3
If you are concerned about someone’s immediate welfare call OneCall on 01670 536400 and in an emergency call 999.
The local (Morpeth) coordinator for Communities Together is Alison Byard email firstname.lastname@example.org mob 07963 306549
Businesses can apply now for a Government Restart Grant. You could be eligible if you have business rated premises and are in the non-essential retail, hospitality, leisure, personal care or accommodation sectors. Details and apply https://bit.ly/3rHeLIQ